The Art of Making Food that is Nutritious and Delicious
Chocolate mousse that's good for you? Yep. Rutgers Dining Services trains each year with the Culinary Institute of America to learn the latest trends in healthy cooking so that they can prepare the tastiest, healthy meals for students.
- Beneficial Bacteria Can Be Restored to C-Section Babies at Birth. Professor Maria Gloria Dominguez Bello is the senior author of the new study.
- George Carman Named Fellow of the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- NJ Institute for Food, Nutrition, and Health supports the NEFS Graduate Student Conference—Post Conference Summary (PDF)
- 2020 IFNH Annual Report
- The Wall Street Journal discusses how modern life is messing with our microbiomes, but science is fighting back, quoting Maria-Gloria Dominguez Bello (PDF)
- Rutgers Signature Initiative - The Rutgers University Microbiome Program
- Rutgers Co-sponsors Global Microbiome Network First Latin American Symposium
- IFNH releases its "network connectivity" chart as a striking visual of its role as the organizational hub for interdisciplinary research in food, nutrition, and health at Rutgers (PDF)
- Second Annual IFNH Research Day Goes Virtual and Addresses New and Existing Challenges
- NJHKI Food Literacy Camp Goes Virtual and 3rd-5th Graders Get Cooking
- Maria Gloria Dominguez Bello is quoted in NYT on study on gut microbes affecting malnourished childrens' growth.
- David Krol addressed the NJ Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, speaking on "The Impact of COVID-19 on Child Nutrition." His presentation begins at 19:14.
- Horizon Foundation Grant Supports Healthy Choices and Healthy Kids
- NJHKI Steps Up During Lockdown, Assisting GBCS With Food Deliveries
- The Star-Ledger quotes Peggy Policastro in a story about how much people are spending on groceries during coronavirus
- Sue Shapses and colleagues' study finds senior citizens who are NOT vitamin D deficient have a better chance of walking after hip fracture surgery.
- Get Fit, Save Time and Money with Virtual Online Aerobic Cardio Exercise Classes!
- NJ Healthy Kids Initiative Creates On-line Resources for Partner Schools
- Professor James Simon was awarded the Distinguished Service to Agriculture Award in Atlantic County, NJ. The honor was to recognize Simon's efforts in providing farmers with new downy mildew-resistant basils. These resistant cultivars - products of years of selection and breeding - allow growers to overcome the crop failures in past years due to downy mildew disease. Farmers announced they have been able to grow both conventional and organic basil with the Rutgers releases which has saved their crop and allowed them to continue commercial production.
- NJ 101.5 reports on the Senate Education Committee hearing on nutritional guidelines in New Jersey and how best to get the right meals in front of school children, quoting Daniel Hoffman.
- Let Grow.org quotes Peggy Policastro on teaching special needs children cooking skills.
- Peggy Policastro, director of the Culinary Health Program at IFNH was named among the 2020 Top Women in Metro New York Foodservice and Hospitality by Total Food Service