Welcome to IFNH
The New Jersey Institute for Food, Nutrition, and Health (IFNH) underscores the commitment of Rutgers University to new transformational initiatives across the many disciplines impacting food, nutrition, and health. The IFNH draws on the strengths of the entire university as it physically co-locates and strategically aligns the diverse competencies and deep capacity of Rutgers to address society's major unmet health problems. In this complex world, the institute embraces a culture of interdisciplinarity that seeks solutions to our health problems in the social as well as the biological determinants of health.
News & Events
- Greater Brunswick Charter School Eighth Graders Get Professional Fitness Training in Rutgers Pilot Program
- New Scientist writes about how a Parkinson's drug could be improved by inhibiting a process where it breaks down in the gut microbiome, quoting Maria Dominguez-Bello.
- Tap Into reports on a summit on hunger held at New Jersey Institute for Food, Nutrition and Health at Rutgers University.
- CBS Detroit reports that thousands of cancer diagnoses are tied to poor diet, quoting Nurgul Fitzgerald.
- CNN reports that over-processed foods add 500 calories to your diet every day, causing weight gain, quoting Nurgul Fitzgerald.