Welcome to IFNH
The New Jersey Institute for Food, Nutrition, and Health (IFNH) underscores the commitment of Rutgers University to new transformational initiatives across the many disciplines impacting food, nutrition, and health. The IFNH draws on the strengths of the entire university as it physically co-locates and strategically aligns the diverse competencies and deep capacity of Rutgers to address society's major unmet health problems. In this complex world, the institute embraces a culture of interdisciplinarity that seeks solutions to our health problems in the social as well as the biological determinants of health.
News & Events
- Horizon Foundation Grant Supports Healthy Choices and Healthy Kids
- NJHKI Steps Up During Lockdown, Assisting GBCS With Food Deliveries
- The Star-Ledger quotes Peggy Policastro in a story about how much people are spending on groceries during coronavirus
- Sue Shapses and colleagues' study finds senior citizens who are NOT vitamin D deficient have a better chance of walking after hip fracture surgery.
- NJ 101.5 reports on the Senate Education Committee hearing on nutritional guidelines in New Jersey and how best to get the right meals in front of school children, quoting Daniel Hoffman.