Welcome to IFNH
The New Jersey Institute for Food, Nutrition, and Health (IFNH) underscores the commitment of Rutgers University to new transformational initiatives across the many disciplines impacting food, nutrition, and health. The IFNH draws on the strengths of the entire university as it physically co-locates and strategically aligns the diverse competencies and deep capacity of Rutgers to address society's major unmet health problems. In this complex world, the institute embraces a culture of interdisciplinarity that seeks solutions to our health problems in the social as well as the biological determinants of health.
News & Events
- Family Friendly Space Opens on Cook Campus to Accommodate Nursing Mothers and their Babies
- LiveScience quotes Paul Breslin (SEBS) in a story about why people scrunch up their faces when tasting something sour.
- Martin J. Blaser and Maria Gloria Dominguez-Bello are investigating the microbiome, the vast constellation of bodily bacteria that regulate our health.
- Greater Brunswick Charter School Eighth Graders Get Professional Fitness Training in Rutgers Pilot Program
- New Scientist writes about how a Parkinson's drug could be improved by inhibiting a process where it breaks down in the gut microbiome, quoting Maria Dominguez-Bello.