Quinoa & Cauliflower Burgers
Yield: Serves 10
|Quinoa, dry||3/4 Cup|
|Cauliflower Florets||6 Cups|
|Chili pepper powder||2 tsp|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2 each|
|Smoked Cheddar Cheese, shredded||3/4 Cup|
|Whole wheat bread/almond crumbs||3/4 Cup|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, using only 1 cup of broth or water to keep it from getting too heavy.
- Cut cauliflower into florets, transfer to baking sheet, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle spices to taste.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, let cool, then pulse through a food processor to form small pieces that stick together.
- Combine the cooked, pulsed cauliflower with the quinoa, garlic, salt, breadcrumbs, cheddar cheese, eggs, and another teaspoon or two of spicy seasoning.
- Form 10 patties.
- In an oiled or nonstick pan over medium heat, cook the burgers until golden brown on each side, flipping very carefully to avoid breaking.
- Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate. Serve.
Scarlet Knight Juice